Monday, January 28, 2013

Homemade Donuts

We had a great & rare surprise this past weekend...Brian didn't have to work. So, I decided to have a special breakfast on Saturday that consisted of something besides our traditional cereal. :) Brian is an awesome cook so any time he helps out in the kitchen I think it's a treat. Any way...we made homemade donuts & boy were they delicious!!!

This is about half of what we made :)
 
To make these fabulous guys all you need to do is take a can of biscuits (we used 2) & punch a hole in the middle of the biscuits by using a thimble. Pop the donuts into a Fry Daddy full of hot oil & let them do their thing. Once the donuts are nice & golden, take them out & cover them in your favorite topping. We used powered sugar & a cinnamon/sugar mix this time but I'd like to use icing & sprinkles next time too. The best part about making the donuts are turning the small pieces of dough you removed from the center of the donut into donut balls!!!

This was a fun & easy breakfast to start our Saturday off with. And I love how Logan can be involved by covering the donuts (and himself) in the toppings. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment